lately, i've slowed down a bit on the blogging again.
I am officially umemployeed as of June 28, 2007. The troubling part is that i am so overwhelmed with work right now i can't think about looking for jobs. An opportunity was presented to me, which required me to make a huge decision: should i go primary.
FYI, public education (elementary panel) is divided into three divisions: Primary, Junior, and Intermediate (JK-3, 4-6, and 7/8 respectively.) I've always considered myself an intermediate guy, since my original gig was in HS and i feel that i can relate to teenagers better. Well, after one year of battle with kids at this age, i am really quite fed up with some of the BS at times. Nevertheless, i've never considered going down the ladder and test out the water in primary. A grade 2 position is sitting there mocking at my desperation, as we speak, and it's been one week of agony and i haven't made up my mind yet. (the job may be gone already, for all i know~) Jack thinks that i should wait and start applying to other gigs. Maybe i should. Then again, this whole settling down and finding a stable job thing is really getting to me now.
and i thought i could live my life as a starving artist.
20070419
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I say stick to your guns. So you have to starve once in a while, so what?
Do the search man. Give yourself more options. Don't settle for something that you don't think you'll enjoy. Or else it'll be a painful ride.
Yah, I agree with doing more research. Follow your gut and list your priorities. If you really like intermediate, then that may mean having to travel further or waiting around more. I may also suggest a deadline for your decisions and also come up with a plan B. For instance, if I don't find/get something I really want by ____ (date), then I will settle for _____. That is if you want to be working in September. If you rather not work than working with kids besides intermediate, then just scrap my suggestions. :)
if you don't really hate the primary school job, why don't you just give it a try? maybe you will love it ( young kids are so cute, but they are pain in ass too)....
besides, if you take this job now, does it mean you can't switch later on? like, next year???
i think that my problem is resolved...in a rather disappointing way.... i believe the primary job has been offered to someone else while i was thinking it over... i now will have to enter the dog fight like everyone else... not sure what i am feeling now...a bit upset, i guess.... but maybe this is a blessing in disguise.. who knows...
God will have his magic ways of taking care of you. Just let its course run... Take it one day at a time.
i think you realized that you cannot be a starving artist when you met me. high maintenance princess yaki. :P
Post a Comment