
see the hand holding the flag?? yup. that's me. For some of you who might know the guy at the corner couple seats besides me.. his name is Evan and he's also a Queen's grad... yup.. Mo's 1st year roomate.... As for Eric and I...we were too lazy to stand up while waving the ROC flag.....so we only have the hands to show for~
13 comments:
Nica's asking, why 綠皮藍骨?
is it because you are holding up a flag that 'blue' invented?
but then should be 藍皮綠骨啊?
just like how a 'Banana' is yellow (eastern) outside, white (western) inside.
Would you please clarify?
Nica's also asking that why you guys are showing the flags if Wang's not even pitching? Since it's not his game.
I told her because you guys thought Wang would be pitching so you guys brought the flags. And since you guys brought them, might as well wave them.
But she said: ...kind of stupid...
Would you please clarify?
I knew it..like i thought all the time, you really are 綠皮籃骨....哼~~~
be the way, Lance, he said he is 綠皮籃骨 because he appear to be " green" all the time, but he is actually " blue" ( because he was holding the flag)
It's okay to be one sided, either blue or green. But to be FAKE! to have identity crisis!! that's just... sigh~
I am disappointed
hahah...
please tell NIca that i meant what my sister just said (see above)....then again, of course it's a joke..but apparently no one understands it..truth is, i was rather ashamed to sit beside all these people waving the ROC flag..haha...then again...i once did love the flag...truth is...there ain't nothing wrong with the flag..other than the fact that it symbolize KMT bloodshed TW.... hahah...
to add to all the confusion and identity crisis...i was wearing a bluejay jersey on the inside...and a Yankee #40 on the outside..
oh...we did bring the flag so CMW can see it and feel supported.... we also brought banner that says "CMW good luck in the playoff~" btw. we weren't the only flags at Skydome...there were others!! (shocker!!) ....we were simply the more densed area of TW fans..
u know...one more thing...NIca find 'everything' kinda stupid, don't you think??
=D
what can I say, she's a very intellectual woman~
I do find that ppl sometimes react to the content of a blog differently than the host will expect. (re: Ming's comment about blue/green bone/skin).
I share the same mixed feelings every time I see the flag. I am happy to see it when we are surrounded by those who often do not give a S**t or those who are not concerned/aware of the situation that Taiwan is in. Yet I feel VERY discouraged when ppl from Taiwan make a fool of themselves in Taiwan or abroad. What I am trying to say is, at least try to stay united among ourselves while difference in opinion will be appreciated. WHAT IS THE ULTIMATE GOAL OF the Taiwanese ppl as a country (I know ppl may say, but it is not a country... and thanks, I do have the freedom of speech, so, call it a region, or whatever)? I remember when we were kids, we always have good spirit as a class when we have competitions or events.... it is nothing complicated, ... like ppl want President Chen to leave, but what do they want in a president instead? It is like a relationship. It should not be "I will choose Mr. X because I know nothing else", it should be "I want Mr. X because we love each other and we have a lot in common."
SORRY about these non-sense. A rough day at work.
well put eggie...
and u'r right, ming, i didn't know what to do when they were handing out the flags. on one hand i thought "hey, it's free, why not?;)" on the other hand, i was like "do i really want to wave this flag?" so i decided not to. i don't think i would feel comfortable doing it. funny tho, i would not have any problem waving a canadian flag... does that say something about me? am i ashamed of being a taiwanese and loves to admit that i am a canadian? how sad...
No not that sad~ You should be proud of the fact that you want to wave the maple leaf flag around, after all, you've spent half of your life in Canada.
As for Taiwan, it's just a country that hasn't find its identity yet. (Just like Ming) Will it ever? I have no idea. But until then, until the new flag is designed. You should just do whatever means necessary to support Chien Ming Wang. :3
nice to see that my blog generated some discussion....in fact...we just completed the full discussion from our friend Egg's house.... oh yah... the talk was heated...there were tears and laughters and occasional blood shed~ but at the end...we still love each other... haha..
Post a Comment